ST. JOHN'S HAITIAN APOSTOLATE
St. John's Parish has supported the Be Like Brit Orphanage (BLB) in Grand Goave, Haiti since it's founding. Britney Gengel, a 19-year-old parishioner of St. John's, was killed during the 2010 earthquake in Haiti while on a school trip to help local children. Her family honored her memory by establishing the Be Like Brit orphanage which provides a home to 66 local children.
In 2014 St. John's established a covenant with St. Francois, a local parish in the same town. St. John's provides monthly financial support to St. Francois to assist them in our common goal of supporting the poor in our communities. In addition, the Haitian Apostolate committee organizes a parish trip to Haiti once a year.
- Checks with the memo "Haitian Apostolate" can donated through the mail or offertory
- Donations to the Be Like Brit Orphanage can be made directly through the BLB Website
Annual Parish Trip
- Join the annual parish trip and become a "Britsionary"
- Participate in service projects to support the local community
- Contact the parish for trip dates
Haitian Apostolate Committee
- Join the committee to assist with planning fundraisers and parish trips
- Contact the parish for upcoming committee meeting dates
- Keep the St. Francois Parish and the Be Like Brit Orphanage in your prayers
- Pray for Darwens, the child at BLB who is sponsored by St. John's